Our Commitment To You.
What is your personal information?
Why do we collect personal information?
We need to collect some personal details from you to provide you with our services and products. Without collecting your identifying information when you contact us, we're not allowed by law to provide you with the products and services you want. If you decide to contract with us, we may also need to collect additional personal information so we can provide our products and services to you.
The information we collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on any and all Acorn Stairlifts website(s). On some pages you can request further information, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Your name, date of birth and contact details. Contact details may include your home address, email address and phone number.
- Details of products and services we've supplied you or you've asked about.
- Details needed to deliver those products and services or answer your questions.
Some of the information above may be sensitive information. For example, it could be about your health, you consent to us collecting that information as outlined above, when you provide it to us directly.
How do we collect information?
We collect your personal information if you do any of the below:
- Provide information to us in Order forms.
- Provide information to us when you buy products or services from us or enquire via our website.
- Subscribe to services from us.
- Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey.
- Make calls to us. These calls maybe recorded for training, quality and business purposes.
- Apply for a position to work at Acorn Stairlifts.
The way we use information
We may use your personal information and usage information in the ways set out below:
- Providing you with products and services. This might include extra services not in your agreement with us.
- Contacting you with messages about changes to our products or services.
- Generating bills, managing your account, and carrying out debt-recovery.
- Processing orders or applications to become a customer.
- Dealing with questions, complaints and other customer care activities.
- Carrying out market analysis and research.
- Development of our products and services.
- Contacting you about our products and services. This may include marketing these products to you.
See below for more information about direct marketing communications.
We use the information you provide about you or someone else when requesting information only as contact details to provide you with the information you requested.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website. For example, we may compile data showing the number of visitors to areas of the site(s), or the number who completed a form, but nothing is used that could identify those individuals.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our commitment to data security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Do we disclose your personal information outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to other companies in the Acorn Stairlifts group as well as third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to make sure the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to it.
We may store or sometimes disclose personal information to entities outside Australia. Some of these entities are:
- Companies in the Acorn Stairlift group located in the UK, EU and USA.
- Acorn Stairlifts data hosting and other service providers located in Chicago, USA and London UK.
Our commitment to child privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How you can access or correct your information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by sending us an email at email@example.com and requesting it.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request correct your data.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If you believe that we have not dealt with your concerns you may lodge a complaint with the Australian Privacy Commissioner or the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.
Australian Privacy Commissioner: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001. Telephone: 1300 363 992. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman: PO Box 276, Collins Street West, VIC 8007. Telephone: 1800 062 058. Website: https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint
How to contact us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an email at email@example.com or write to us at the Acorn Stairlifts Address:Acorn Mobility Services Ltd
6 Narabang Way